EPS deployment process
EPS Deployment Process
- Practice expression of interest
- Monthly report is sent to NHS England detailing a list of practices using EPS and any scheduled practices.
- CCG review list of pharmacies in scope (2% or more) from CCG prescription flow data.
- CCG\CSU schedules a kick off meeting at the practice where the Business Change date and go-live date are agreed (go-live is scheduled 9 weeks or more after the kick-off).
- Usually 3-5 required pharmacies are notified and contacted to obtain readiness
- Pharmacy gets ready, see http://www.northstaffslpc.co.uk/resources/electronic-prescription-service-eps/preparing-to-go-live/
- Agree Go Live Date with practice – at least 9 weeks from EPS Kick Off – inform medicines management so they can complete any remedial work with the practice prior to go live
- CCG schedule business change session (just prior to go live) – practice to invite pharmacies
- Pharmacy continues to nominate patients, particularly those collecting repeats from 5 weeks prior to go live
- Scripts are sent by practice at go-live (usually by about lunch time) and pharmacy ensures they can process ok before the practice go-live support team leaves the practice premises
Full detailed process available at http://systems.hscic.gov.uk/eps/library/depmodel.pdf