Staffordshire Needle Exchange Service
New Staffordshire SLAs October 2020
You should sign a copy of the SLA and return an electronic copy of the signature page to Humankind at email@example.com
In addition, please also copy in firstname.lastname@example.org as this will help ensure that you keep access to the relevant recording modules on PharmOutcomes. On returning the signed SLA you will also gain access to the Humankind Pharmacy Sign Up module which you need to complete to highlight your readiness to deliver the service.
Needle Exchange service moving to Humankind
- A new contract for drug and alcohol services (commissioned by Staffordshire County Council) commenced on April 1st 2020, in Staffordshire (not including Stoke on Trent).
- Humankind, a charity (humankindcharity.org.uk), have been awarded a contract of between 4 and 7 years and will sub-contract some service to the Burton Addiction Centre (BAC) and other organisations, to be confirmed.
- The new contract replaces all current drug/alcohol contracts; including adult and young people’s services (both community and residential).
- The new services will be called the Staffordshire Treatment And Recovery Service (STARS), replacing current agreements with One Recovery (ADS – Addiction and Dependency Solutions) and T3 (CGL – Change Grow Live).
- Humankind Charity website
- Humankind Director of Pharmacy is Roz Gittins
Contact details for the drug/alcohol treatment service (Humankind) team managers
North (NUL and Moorlands)
Debbie Moores 07812 467103
West (Cannock, South Staffs and Stafford): Abi Roberts 07812 467096 email@example.com
East (Burton, Tamworth and Lichfield): Emma Cormack 07812 467010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- A key priority is to minimise disruption in the short-term. It is anticipated that most staff will remain in post (transferring across contractors under TUPE regulations) and most of the current buildings will be retained.
- Precise details about buildings, contact details (phone numbers/ email addresses) and referral processes will be confirmed in the coming weeks. In the meantime, current details and processes remain unchanged.
- The contract represents an exciting period for treatment services in the county. Resources are being redirected to ensure that more people can receive treatment and quality will improve through closer integration between the different parts of the care pathway.
Information on drug and alcohol related issues can also be found on the FRANK website
Client Registrations – just a reminder that when you start to use the Humankind modules for Nx and Supervised you will have to re-register clients. This is because GDPR means the patient data cannot be transferred from One Recovery to Humankind.
Humankind PharmOutcomes Modules
The new modules for Needle Exchange are live on PharmOutcomes. We are still waiting for contact details for Humankind locally to add into the Humankind modules but have made the modules live so that you can start to record any supplies made April 1st or later.
PharmOutcomes has been set up so that Humankind modules will not accept any claims for supplies before April 1st 2020.
ADS One Recovery Claims Info
There final ADS OneRecovery invoice has already been run and no further claims to One Recovery will be accepted.
Please note the ADS One Recovery office in Stafford closed on 31.3.2020 so all previous phone numbers for their offices will no longer work.
Recording Nx Service– 2 modules to complete for this service:
- Every client you see in your pharmacy needs to be registered on PharmOutcomes the first time that you take him or her on as a client and you do this using the Nx – Client Registration module. They will be assigned a unique client identifier which will be their initials (2-4) and date of birth (ABdd/mm/yy)Where a client declines to provide a date of birth please enter 00-mmm-00 onto PharmOutcomes in the DOB box. NB do not use 00-mmm-0000 as the system will reject it.By using this entry it shows the commissioner that this is not a true date of birth but allows you to go on and produce a client registration. Unique client identifier: If you have a client who refuse to give DOB their unique identifier would be for example AB00/01/00.If you have two clients with the same initials and date of birth you can add an extra initial to distinguish their record as there is facility to use up to 4 letters at the start of the unique client IDFor those of you who have already used ABDENIED format, do not worry, this is also acceptable for those records but please use the new system going forward.Pharmacy Nx Client Registration Form May 2015
Nx – Supply recording
- Every time a client collects a supply, please record it on the recording sheet. Enter this information onto PharmOutcomes using the Nx – Supply module – you can do this daily, weekly or at month end, whichever is most convenient for your pharmacy. The system will automatically generate an invoice and send it to OneRecovery for payment so you no longer need to send in a claim for for Nx service.
- Download the activity recording sheet now: Activity Sheet for recording Nx supply
Nx Pack Reordering
Order packs via PharmOutcomes.
If you have any questions please contact the LPC
So far there has been no new SLA released by Humankind and all pharmacies previously signed up to the One Recovery Service are asked to continue providing the service until the new paperwork arrives. The service is being carried over in the same format as it was already running so there are no changes to report at this time.
Until Humankind release the SLA we are leaving the One Recovery paperwork on this website for reference.
One Recovery Paperwork – carry on using this until the Humankind SLA is released.